- About AODA
- Country Reps
- Professional Development
- Contact Us
AODA Country Representatives
AODA is the international affiliate of the Academy of the Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) representing over 700 members living outside the United States. AODA appoints members to act as Country Representatives in order to provide professional support to members, assist anyone wanting information on food and nutrition issues for that country, and to act as liaisons for AODA and AND.
There are over 40 countries represented by AODA Country Representatives.
What does a Country Rep do?
- Serves as a local resource to integrate new AODA members into practice in the country.
- Serves as an information base for AND/AODA regarding country-specific practices.
- Serves as a resource base to AND/AODA help field inquiries regarding practice & educational opportunities abroad.
- Serves as an expert resource to AND members regarding practice in different countries.
- Establishes relationships with key associations impacting practice.
- Serves as a resource for referrals in collaboration with local dietetics professionals.
How can you become an AODA Country Representative?
- Be an AODA member.
- Know the nutrition issues in the country that you wish to represent.
- Be ready to actively network with local dietetic associations and other nutrition-related organizations.
- Be able to communicate regularly through e-mail.
- Be willing to write quarterly reports on your work as the Country Rep.