- About AODA
- Country Reps
- Professional Development
- Contact Us
Who is eligible to join AODA?
Only American Dietetic Association (AND) members can be AODA members.
AND members are registered dietitians, nutrition professionals, nutrition students and other professionals. AND has four different categories of membership:
- AND Active member: Has completed a baccalaureate degree or a supervised practice program (dietetic internship, coordinated or AP4 program) accredited by AND's Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education.
- AND Student members: Dietetics students that are in programs accredited by AND's Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education.
- AND Retired members: Active members who are at least 62 years of age and no longer employed in dietetic practice nor education, or retired on permanent disability.
- AND International members: Any person who has completed formal training in food, nutrition or dietetics outside the United States and U.S. Territories, (Requires verification from the country's professional dietetic association or regulatory body). To download application and verfication forms for International Applicants click here.
For additional information on AND Membership Classifications and applications visit http://www.eatright.org/membershipinfo/
For more information contact email@example.com for additional information.
How do I join the American Overseas Dietetic Association (AODA)?
You need to FIRST join AND (see question above). Then, there are two ways to join AODA:
a) The first way is to choose AODA as your AND affiliate
Follow these steps to choose or change your affiliate to AODA:
- Go to the AND website, www.eatright.org
- Login to your member-only page, "MyAND"
- Click on <Edit Profile>
- Click on <AND Member Payments>
- Under "State Affiliate" select <American Overseas Dietetic Association> from the drop down list
You can also email AND Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at
(800) 877-1600 ext. 5000.
b) The second way is to become an AODA Supporter
This is when an AND member has one of the states within the United States as their designated affiliate and wishes to support AODA.
What is an AODA Supporter?
An AODA Supporter is an AND member with a designated state affiliate within the United States that chooses to "support" AODA and also takes advantage of all the great AODA membership benefits.
How do I become an AODA Supporter?
You complete the application form located at HERE
and send it along with a $35.00 USD payment to the AODA Treasurer.
Do AODA Supporters have the same benefits as other AODA members?
AODA Supporters receive all of the member benefits, but are not entitled to vote in AODA elections and cannot serve in elected AODA leadership positions. However, they can volunteer in appointed Leadership Team positions, on committees and task forces
How many membership categories does AODA have?
AODA only has two categories:
- AODA members (AND members who have chosen AODA as their affiliate)
- AODA Supporter members (AND members who have chosen a state within the United States as their affiliate but support AODA)
How often do I renew my membership?
- AND members renew their membership by May 31st, (early renewals start in April, and the deadline for renewal without additional late fees is May 31st, the last day of AND's fiscal year)
- AODA Supporters renew their AND membership first, then complete the Supporter application form, and send it along with the proper payment to the AODA Treasurer.
To download a Supporter application, Click Here.